This week we are continuing with our 'All About Me' theme.
Our Etz Mishpacha (Family Tree) is complete and looks wonderful. We will be talking about 'Who's Who' this week with the children in Circle/ Morning Meeting.
- We are learning to pronounce and trace the letter 'p' with our sandpaper letters. We are enjoying taking turns pronouncing 'p', 'p', 'p' and then matching this sound with toy objects that begin with the letter 'p' - such as plate, penguin, pelican, and pencil. We had fun playing ‘Eye Spy’ in the classroom for toys that begin with the letter 'p' - like potato, pumpkin, the color purple and a pepper in our food basket.
- We had fun sorting pom poms of many different colors and sizes. We talked about our favorite colors- Beau likes 'yellow'. Bear likes 'Blue' like Morah Sherri & Morah Miriam. Zev likes the color ‘white’.
**Outdoor playtime has been glorious- We have enjoyed the warm sunshine shining down on us while jumping, skipping and hopping in and out of hula hoops. The children played so nicely passing and tossing a few different bouncy balls to one another. They are taking turns on the slides, and walking on the tree stumps . We also enjoy the sandbox and blacktop area of the playground, taking turns riding the Kiddie cars and bikes.
Morah Sherri had so much fun practicing yoga on the playground 'Spider Web' - where we stretch our bodies long and practice balancing on 1 foot, then the other while holding onto the Spider web bars. We used our imagination and practiced some 'Turkey squats' and stretched our 'Turkey wings and drumsticks'.
The class enjoyed discussing their favorite animals at circle time. They chose their favorite animal stamper and dipped them into the purple paint. They answered the questions, ‘What is your favorite animal? ‘ and ‘This is my favorite animal because.....’
- Meeting/ group time has been so wonderful as the children are sitting nicely for a longer period of time. Here, we learn what day of the week it is, one child plays weatherman and reports the daily weather.back We sing songs that allow the children to move and be excited while jumping up & down 11 times as we counted to '11' in English and Hebrew for Nov. 11th.
- We discussed the many different food items again in our basket - understanding the difference between a healthy fruit/vegetable or Chicken drumstick vs. the sweet treats that are nice to enjoy once in a while, but not every day as they're filled with sugar.
- We set up a little audience of chairs to view our Etz Mishpacha / Family Tree and I invited each child to come up and point to their family members on their branch and tell us who each person is.
-In addition, we stretched out on our yoga mats and practiced some 'Choosy' nutrition and movement song/activities about our 'FAV'/favorite fruits and vegetables, and moving our bodies for exercise and good health.
We ended our week exploring our healthy vegetables some more and found out each of our favorite vegetables we like to eat. Sophie likes orange Carrots, Zev likes green Lettuce, Beau likes white and black Mushrooms, and Bear likes green Cucumbers.